Monday, July 25, 2011

9-11 Memorial Stair Climb

The 10th anniversary of 9-11 is quickly approaching! Hard to believe it has been 10 years.  I'll never forget where I was when I first heard about it or how I spent the day listening to the TV and news.  What a tragic day!

What an honor it is to have my husband and 3 other fireman from Brandon going to Nashville to participate in a Memorial Stair Climb honoring the 343 fireman that lost their lives that day!  Ryan, Tyler, Justin and Drew will do a great job at honoring the fallen fireman.  They accept 343 fireman from all over the country to do this stair climb. They will do an 110 stair climb.  Yes you read that right, 110! That is how tall the twin towers were.  The guys will be doing this in full turnout gear and carrying some type of rescue equipment, such as a hose, axe or something.  Each one of the guys will be given a picture of one of the fireman that died on 9-11.  They will wear that picture all 110 flights of stairs, giving those remembered fireman a chance to finish! I get chills every time I think about it or talk about it.  They have been training on these stairs
This picture doesn't really show how tall they are!

And those stairs aren't anything to joke with!! I did them once with Ryan and OMG I couldn't walk for several days afterwards and I wasn't in turnout gear like Ryan was!  It takes A LOT of training and determination to do something like this!  I couldn't be more proud of Ryan doing it as well as the other guys!!! I know they will do amazing and honor the men that lost their lives on 9-11! 

If you would like to go to the website and read more about it, the website is www.nashvillestairclimb.com

Ryan, Tyler, Justin and Drew I am proud of ya'll for wanting to do this and I know that each one of you will do great!! I know that you are training to prepare yourselves for this and I know that ya'll will each finish strong and honored that you were doing this in honor of the 343 Firemen that lost their lives on that tragic day 10 years ago!!

No comments: