Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Did you get that in the gum ball machine??

I have quite a few pet peeves, but none more than ignorant drivers!!! I am sure that there are people out there (OK I Know there is) that think my driving isn't the greatest!! I have a big tendency to have a heavy foot! Which has gotten me in trouble twice in the last month and a half! My sweet backseat driver reminds me all the time about my speed! Gotta love the backseat drivers! When I talk about backseat driver I am talking about Colton.

Anyway, back to the point of this post! I almost got smacked leaving school today! Here is the scenario! I am waiting at a stop sign to turn left onto Sunnybrook Road. I look to the right, nothing is coming. I look to my left, there are 3 cars, the 2 front ones with their blinkers on to turn into the school. (Shock, people do use those things called blinkers, turn signals, whatever you would like to call them) So I look back to the right one last time to make sure that nothing is coming, nothing, so I pull out turning left to get onto Sunnybrook Road. Low and behold, the 3rd car coming from the left, decides she is in too big of a hurry to wait on the 2 cars in front of her to turn, so she whips over into the middle turn lane to go around them. But I was in the process of turning onto the road!!! She literally came within a foot of ramming into my driver side door! And then looks at me like it was my fault???? I just looked at her and drove off! Shocking, cause I really wanted to tell her she needed to learn how to drive, but that wouldn't be very nice now would it?? So I thought about this the whole drive back to work.. Boiling the more I thought about it. Why should I boil though? Thank goodness I was OK, I was being looked after by a much higher person, that was taking care of me! So I should just stop and say a prayer and say thank you that I was OK, and that it didn't result in a wreck!
Which also goes to show me and anyone else, that though you are suppose to use your blinker/turn signal, you can't always trust them to make sure you are safe! By the way, that is another pet peeve of mine, people driving down the road with blinkers/turn signals on, when you aren't turning!! I know you have to hear that ticking noise that they make!!

so anyway, anyway, that leads me to the title of my post! My mother always used to say while driving, where did you get your license, the gumball machine?? Cause its obvious some people didn't learn much from the test they have to take AND pass to get a drivers license!

No comments: