Wednesday, June 23, 2010

But Mrs. Becky...

I have a dear friend that is babysitting the boys this, when Ryan is working.  She is a God send and a GREAT woman.  She has triplet boys of her own, that are 7, and she always keeps some other kids.  On any given day, she has about 9 kids at her house!  Bless her for being able to do this, and man am I thankful!  Don't think I could do it.

Anyway.. at the beginning of summer, Becky and Bobby bought a pool (which all the boys LOVE)!
One of the first few days that Becky was keeping the boys, they had to go run a few errands, which included stopping at the pool store to get somethings.  As Becky was talking to the lady at the store, Pierce was off in his own world doing his own thing!  While, still talking to the lady, Becky notices that Pierce is tapping her on the leg saying, "Mrs. Becky, Mrs. Becky", to which she said "Wait a minute Pierce, I am talking." However, Pierce was not liking the idea of having to wait.... "But Mrs. Becky, I just opened the door for a lady that was coming in the store!" At that point, the lady that Becky was talking to and Becky had to stop and praise Pierce for being such a little gentleman! He was so proud of himself!

This goes to show that even if you aren't really "trying" to teach children something, they are always watching what you are doing and picking up on things.  Ryan is very good about opening the car door for me, as well as other doors and Pierce has picked up on this!  Way to go Pierce!  We are proud of u!! It melts my heart to watch the boys grow and learn such great things!

No comments: