We started off the month by celebrating Grandma's 84th birthday! We cooked hamburgers and hot dogs and Cretia made cupcakes! We enjoyed visiting and celebrating another great year with the Best Grandma ever!
Colton, Pierce and I got back in the swing of school. And with that came homework and studying. Lots of it!! The boys are doing good but it requires a lot of attention with 3 of us doing homework and man, I can't thank ReRe enough for EVERYTHING that she does!! She helps out with getting the boys, keeping the boys, homework and anything else that I need help with!! We can't leave Spike out, so here he is helping Pierce read.
Pierce got Student of the Month for the whole 1st grade at Rouse Elementary! We are so proud of him!! He was excited and got to take a picture to be put up at the school. This picture came from his teacher, who was sweet enough to send this to me on my phone the day that he got it. She was even sweet enough to let Pierce call me after he got it so he could tell me! Both of the boys have amazing teachers, we are Blessed!!
Family time consists of doing a little bit of everything. Lately it has been playing with Spike. We were in Pierce's room one night and we let him get on the bed. Next thing we know, he is getting under the covers and taking a nap!
With so much going on, there is A LOT of driving!! Hard to believe that I have had my car for 7 months and have already hit the 10,000 mile mark! CRAZY I know! I added it up and just from the house to school and back 5 days a week, I drive 190 miles. That isn't including all of the extra driving that I do for other things. Here is a picture that I sent Ryan right before I hit the 10,000 mark. I was going to take a picture of that but I was driving down the road so I didn't!
Nursing school means A LOT of studying! And what better way to study than with 2 great friends and great study partners! These girls are a big part of my life and I am thankful to have met them and get to know them, while studying and encouraging each other through the roller coaster we call Nursing School!!
Here is one of those "not thinking" moments! We were cleaning out Spike's cage and when I get back and move the top that has the lights on it this is what I found! I had sat one of the lights on this and it melted it! Thankfully it wasn't too bad, but still! Reminder to myself, a really really hot light doesn't need to be sat on something plastic!!
Along the road of this crazy life, I get to enjoy this sweet face!
And this one too!!
And of course, we can't leave out these 2! Daddy is always working so hard to provide for us, which we are so thankful! And Abby is the spoiled other family member! She is a daddy's girl! January was definitely a month with a lot of ups and downs, so that I have in pictures and a lot that I don't! There is so much more than I could write about but I will save those for later! Even though we have had some trying times and issues, God has provided and taken care of us just like he promised that he would! We have been reminded that when we give something to God, we can't take any of it back. We are to leave it to God and then let him do the rest and he is proving that to us day in and day out! We will hold our heads up and know that God is in Control!! I want to thank all of the people that love us and support us! All the prayers for school and the unspoken prayer requests that we have requested, ya'll are amazing and we thank you!!
There you have the January issue of our life in a nut shell! We'll see what February brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment