Friday, August 29, 2008

The craziness of Life

Well I knew that it was coming. The craziness of life with school starting back. I am taking 4 classes this semester on top of working full time, and everything at home. Colton is in school, as well. So that adds to the craziness! However, it is somewhat fun at the same time. Colton had a project to do this week. My first project as a momma.. it was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed it. This week in school they talked about "All about Me", how everyone is different and unique in their own way. So Colton's project was to make a poster board all about him. So I printed pics from the computer (I have plenty of those ) and then there were some things that the teacher asked that we put on there. Name, named after anyone, where he was born, who his family consisted of, favorite foods, hobbies, sports, and interesting things about his family. So off we were. I typed up all of that stuff, printed them off on colored paper and away we went at organizing the stuff on the poster. Colton helped by being my glue man. It turned out great, minus all of the time it took me to get the printer to work. I hadn't hooked it up since we moved, so I had to find all the cords and start setting it up. So I did that and it kept giving me errors. Well come to find out, it was already installed on the computer.. DUH!!! The reason I was thinking it had to be installed is because my father in law completely re-did the computer while we were on vacation, so I assumed that it had to be re installed.. ha, I was wrong...
Oh well... that isn't the point. The point is, it was a lot of fun to do the project. Life is crazy and stays busy but it is all worth it.

On another note, we are all carefully watching Tropical Storm Gustav that is headed this way. At first they were thinking it was going to follow in Katrina's path, but as it stands right now, it looks like it is going farther west! So we won't get the blunt end of the storm. But just in case, I headed to Wal Mart the other night to get stocked up on water, toilet paper, canned food and other stuff.. and lord was it a MAD HOUSE!! That trip to Wal Mart made a normal everyday trip to Wal Mart look and feel like heaven! Man I was so relieved to get out of that mad house!! Lines at the gas stations are horrible, which is a bad reminder of the lines after Katrina. Which by the way, hit 3 yrs ago today! Wasn't that a lovely experience. I can go the rest of my life, not having to deal with that again, and what we got here wasn't anything compared to the devastation between here and the coast! Makes you very thankful!

And then last, but not least... Tomorrow is the big day!!! Ole Miss football season starts... I am so excited, I am like a kid waiting to go on vacation!!! We are headed out in the morning after Ryan gets off work and we drop the kids off at my in laws! Thanks for keeping them Bryan and Debbie! We'll take the wonderful 2.5hr drive to Oxford, spend the day in the Grove tailgating with great friends and then head to the game. We not only are excited because it is football season again, but in anticipation of a new coach, Coach Nutt! We are looking forward to seeing what he has to offer the great faithful Ole Miss fans! It is such a great atmosphere up there. It all starts with the band marching in and playing Dixie and everyone in the stands waving the pom pom's!!! and the lots of cheers and the entrance of the football team!!! Anyway, I will share more of all of that when I post pics from the game. Until then... I have to get back to work!!

No comments: