Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh Calm Spirit where art thou??

I posted not long ago that things were going so well with the boys. That I had been really praying for a calm spirit and guidance on raising and taking care of the boys. Well, the truth be told, it was working really good. UNTIL, momma started wondering away from praying and following God's will! Shame on me.. and boy can I tell!!

The last few weeks, more in the mornings than anything, have been rough... real rough!!! The boys don't really mind getting up in the mornings.. They are early birds, so that isn't really a big issue. The issues are more of eating and leaving each other alone while eating! I had no idea it was that hard to leave your sibling alone and take care of yourself. Boy was I wrong. I obviously don't remember much of my childhood in that department. Because I am sure that Clay and I were the same way.. just don't remember or well maybe I've blocked it all out! Then when I can get them to do that.. its an ACT OF CONGRESS to get them dressed (clothes and shoes) without telling them 50 times.. I might be exzaterating a little.. but NOT much! OMG!!! I have always been told not to pray for patience, because God will give you something that will really make you learn patience. So I do not pray for patience, instead I pay for a Calm Spirit!

I love my boys dearly.. but to be told that you aren't needed and that you are the meanest person in the world.. kinda takes a toll on you! I know that he probably didn't really mean it.. and I didn't let it get to me when he said it. But after pondering over the statements for a week, it starts to bother me! I can't help it!

So my solution, you ask? Well it is to get back into my praying and following the Lord in his ways, and I know that he'll take care of me!!

And this email that I got this morning is just a reminder! It is very fitting!

"Devot yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart." Colossians 4:2

No comments: