Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fisherman, I am not!

After church we decided we would take the boys fishing!  I have to admit, that the boys had never been fishing (gasp)! We always said that we would take them but then something always came up.  So we made sure that we were going to actually do it this time!  We started out at the Rez!

Daddy getting the poles ready
After no such luck of even a bite, we packed up and decided to try our luck at Crossgates lake.  By this time, Pierce wasn't all about fishing, well he wasn't at the Rez either, but he was having fun watching the rest of us fish!  The fish kept stealing our bait!  We were using crickets!  Pierce was loving messing with the Crickets, but that is no surprise, the creepier it is and if it crawls he is all about it!  Colton on the other hand, not so much!  Well I wasn't catching anything.  Every time that I would get it cast, I would have to reel it back in and get another cricket.  In the mean time, every time that I would reel mine in, Ryan would put his in the same place I had mine and catch a fish!!!  Seriously, almost every time!  What the heck??  So needless to say, Momma isn't a fisher!  The boys thought it was hilarious that Daddy was catching the fish and Momma wasn't!  Imagine that! Neither of the boys caught anything that day!

However, last Sunday I had a Premier Jewelry Party to go to after church, so the boys decided they would have a guys day of fishing!  Back to Crossgates lake they went!  Colton got to catch his first fish (see below).  He doesn't look excited but he was!! He caught 2 total.
 
Ryan caught 2 catfish and 2 turtles.  Pierce wasn't fishing, he was having more fun "babysitting" the ones that Daddy and Colton caught.  Ryan said that every time someone would walk by he was tell them they caught some fish and then pull them in off the line and show them!  He was Proud :)
So after the jewelry party, I drove over there and spent some time with them.  And they say that I am their bad luck because once I got them, they didn't catch anything else! Guess fishing will have to be guy time, since I seem to scare them off!  

No comments: