Sunday, September 11, 2011

10th Anniversary of 9/11

Hard to believe that today marks the 10th Anniversary of the most tragic day in our history!  Words can't describe how I feel about this day!  We were attacked by vicious terrorists and it forever changed our lives.  Of course, my life wasn't affected like the ones that lost their lives or the ones that lost loved ones that day but my heart is forever changed!  I can tell you where I was when I heard about it for the first time and what I did for the rest of that day and the following days.  I can remember a lot of the thoughts that were running through my head that day.  I am sure that most Americas can do the same.  It is a day that is edged in our memories forever!


This year in honor of the 343 fireman, the officers from NYPD and all other first responders there are 4 amazing guys from BFD that have made a trip to Nashville to climb 110 flight of stairs in honor of all those that lost their lives on this tragic day.  110 flights of stairs is the same as one of the Twin Towers that was attacked that day! 
This says it all!

I can't begin to describe how I feel about this day and the guys that are going to do this climb.  I am overwhelmed with emotions.  I am a PROUD wife of a Fireman that is always putting his life and safety at risk to save someone else.  I am proud that he is doing his part to NEVER FORGET that tragic day.  Ryan and the other 3 guys have put many many hours of sweat and training into this.  Their dedication to this is incredible.  These guys love their job!  They are proud to be firefighters and everything that it stands for!

Ryan, the boys and I love you so much and we appreciate everything that you do!  You are an amazing husband and daddy.  You have a heart and passion for your job and you don't take your responsibilities lightly.  Being a fireman is more than a job to you.  It is a commitment and a passion, one that you take seriously everyday and you do a GREAT JOB!! We couldn't be prouder!! We love you!!


Not only do I remember all the ones that lost their lives on this day, but I want to also remember all of our military.  Many have lost their lives fighting for our country before this tragedy and many have lost their lives fighting a war against the people that attacked us on 9/11! I have several soldiers that are dear to my heart.  My Uncle Mid, my brother Clay and a dear friend of mine James.  I know there are many others that have fought for our country as well and I am beyond thankful and grateful for the many sacrifices that they have made and continue to make!  Uncle Mid, Clay and James, I love each one of you and proud to know you and know that you have served/serving our country with all that you had/have! 

 

My prayer is that we truly NEVER FORGET what happened on this day 10 years ago.  There are so many families that lost loved ones and they'll never forget.  I pray that this Nation will Stand United as One Country UNDER GOD!! Without God this country is nothing!  GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

No comments: