Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Moments of A Melting Heart!

I strive everyday to raise my boys in the way that God would have me to!  I take them to church, pray with them, pray for them, discipline them, nurture them, love on them, doctor bo-bos.  I do all the stuff that any mother/parent would do!  I thank God everyday for loaning me 2 precious boys to fill my life with happiness, excitement, encouragement, laughter and many more things. To say that I fulfill God's plan of raising my kids the way that he intends for me to do on a daily bases would be a lie!  I struggle, get mad, cry, show my frustration (even though I know that is the wrong thing to do), get overwhelmed, etc. 

But the truth of the matter is, when you hear your kids say things like:

"I Love You"
"Jesus doesn't like for us to use that word"
"Jesus doesn't like when we do this"
"Momma, Jesus is always with me, even though I can't see him, I just know that he is there"
"Momma, I am going to ask Jesus to sit beside me all day today"
"Momma, I am trying to be nice and share"
"Momma, we need to pray for ____ tonight when we say our prayers"

It truly reminds me of the job that God has given me as a Mother! Man what big shoes to try and fill! But I don't need to completely fill them, because I have God walking with me in those shoes every single day! What more could I ask for? Hearing those sayings come out of my boys mouths truly makes my heart melt and reminds me of the big picture! It reminds me that even though I struggle, God is always there to help me stay on track to raise Great, God-loving men of God!!!

PRAISE GOD FOR THAT!!!
Thank you for my many blessings!

No comments: